Visit the website at:

Would you like to help make this skatepark a reality? Make a donation today! Click the link below to make an online donation!

Donate Now

Or, download the Sponsorship Package and become a sponsor!


Find us on Facebook


Conmee Chronicle Newsletter

The Conmee Chronicle brings news and ads to the residents of Conmee. September Newsletter now online. 

Read Newsletter




Click the link to find the details about a fun Halloween party at the Community Centre!!   Halloween Party



There are no current employment opportunities. Watch this space for announcements!

The Council and Staff would like to congratulate Mike Vialoux on his ten years of service with the Township of Conmee. Deputy-Mayor Bob MacMaster presented him with a Certificate in appreciation.


The Rural 60 Plus Seniors Centre has a new website! Check us out at!


Council is pleased to announce that the Township has received a grant from the Canada 150 fund to put an elevator in the municipal complex to allow handicapped access to the Council Chambers and the public computers on the second floor. Construction will begin once the grant has been received.


Council would remind all residents that fire permits and permits to use fireworks need to be applied for. Fireworks permits require at least one week to issue as it is a requirement that the Fire Chief inspects the area where you wish to hold the display. A copy of the Fireworks By-law is available on the Council Page under By-laws. There is no charge for Fire or Fireworks Permits. If you are unable to come to the office to get a fire permit, please call and staff will work to find a solution.



It has been brought to Council's attention that a contractor has been approaching homeowners in a neighbouring municipality and telling them that they are either working for the MTO or the municipality doing asphalting and that they have some left over and will sell it to the homeowner for a good price. This person has been using the name Peter Smith, Baker or Jones. Apparently he leaves a mess behind and disappears with the money. A police report has been filed. Please be aware if you are approached by this person that the MTO and/or the Municipality would never allow a company to use their materials or name in such a manner.


TAKE NOTICE that the Council for the Corporation of the Township of Conmee will hold a public meeting on November 7, 2016 beginning at 6:00 pm at the Council Chambers in the Conmee Community Complex, 19 Holland Road West, to consider a proposed amendment to the Conmee Zoning By-law 645 under Section 34 of the Ontario Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c.P. 13.

The amendment would change the zoning from Rural and Use Limitation to Extractive Industrial and Use Limitation in order to allow the extraction of aggregate on the lands described asPCL 3387 Sec DFWF: Mining Location R702 except Lews5329 SRO, PFW877 & MRO as in LEW32837, also known as Lot C, Concession 6 on Mokomon Road, owned by Tycon Construction. No other applications pertaining to the subject lands are being considered under the Planning Act. A location map and site sketch are available at the Municipal Office.

ANY PERSONS may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal presentation either in support or opposition to the proposed zoning by-law amendment.

A COPY of the proposed zoning by-law amendment and/or information and mateiral is available for public inspection between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm at the Conmee Municipal Office, 19 Holland Road West.

IF A PERSON OR PUBLIC BODY does not make oral submissions at a public meeting or make written submissions to the Township of Conmee before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Council of the Township of Conmee to the Ontario Municipal Board.

IF A PERSON OR PUBLIC BODY does not make oral or written submissions at a public meeting to the Township of Conmee before the by-law is passed, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.

IF YOU WISH to be notified of the adoption of the proposed amendment or refusal of the request to amend the Zoning By-law you must make a written request to the Township of Conmee, R.R. #1, 19 Holland Road West, Kakabeka Falls, Ontario  P0T 1W0 

Please note: The By-law will be considered for approval or denial at the regular Council meeting to be held on November 8, 2016 .



The Township still has some construction to complete in the Community Center, however we may be able to accomodate your rental. Please contact the office for information on whether the hall will be available on your preferred date. We hope to have the construction finished this fall.


Council has passed a By-law to implement changes to the operations of the Conmee Landfill site. Starting June 29, 2016 residents will be required to show an ID card with your civic address in order to enter the landfill site. This ID will be provided by the Township. You will also be required to show another piece of photo ID with your civic address (Emergency Number). Your ID will be recorded at each visit.

Although only one card will be issued per civic address, you may record up to four (4) person who may take your garbage and recycling into the landfill on your behalf. The Landfill Attendant will have a list of all authorized users. This will include persons such as children who may take the waste to the landfill for their parents but do not have ID with a civic address in the Township of Conmee.  It is up to the resident to ensure that the list is kept up-to-date with the Municipal Office.

If you have your garbage and recycling picked up by another person or company for a fee, you must record that person or company as one of your four authorized users. If you are a person or company who picks up other people's garbage for a fee you must register with the Ministry of the Environment for a licence and provide a copy of that licence, as well as a list of your clients, to the Municipal Office. 

Council will be holding an Open House to provide information on the new procedures on April 13, 2016 from 1:00 pm to 8:00. We will begin issuing cards at that time. The Municipal Office will also be open on Wednesday May 12th and May 19th until 8:00 pm and Saturday May 28th and June 18th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm to issue cards. Cards may also be obtained from the Municipal Office during regular office hours. The first card is free. Replacement cards will be $25.00.

If you are unable to come to the Municipal Office in person you may complete the Authorization Form below to have another person pick up the card for you.

Special limited access will be allowed for contractors to bring in construction waste, vacant property owners to clean up the property and in the case of illness or death of a property owner.

By-law No. 1095 - Waste Disposal

Landfill Site Authorization Form to Pick Up Card

Landfill Authorized User Form

Contractor Authorization Form For Demolition Materials