Interment in Conmee Cemetery
The Conmee Cemetery is located at the southern end of the Township, off of Highway 11/17. Lots are available in the Cemetery for Conmee Township residents, or long-time former residents. Payment for a lot includes payment of Care and Maintenance Fees, which are kept separate for the future care and maintenance of the Cemetery. Opening and Closing fees are paid at time of need.
Fees for Cemetery Services are:
***NEW**** - Columbarium Spaces
An upright columbarium has been purchased for the cemetery. It is located at the top of the hill. Niches are 12" X 12". The cost of a niche is $525.00. The cost to have the door engraved will be the current cost charged by Lakehead Monument. The purchaser is responsible for ensuring that the urn will fit within the space.
- Lot Charge Including Care and Maintenance - $625.00
- Lot Charge for Child - $625.00
- Opening and Closing Fee - Summer - $450.00
- Opening and Closing Fee - Winter - $550.00
- Opening and Closing for Cremains - Summer - $125.00
- Opening and Closing for Cremains - Winter - $125.00
- Open and Closing for Lot with Vault - Winter - $650.00
- Open and Closing for Lot with Vault - Summer - $550.00
- Supervision of Family Open and Close - 1/2 Regular Fee (Families are offered the option of opening and closing lots themselves uner the supervision of the Cemetery Caretaker)
- Holidays, Weekends, After Hours - Additional $150.00
- Care and Maintenance Fund - $250.00 (included in lot charge)
- Marker Maintenance - Flat Marker - $50.00
- Marker Maintenance - Upright Marker - $100.00
- Marker Maintenance - Upright Marker - $200.00 (more than 4 feet)
8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Lots are approximately 8' by 4'. Each lot may contain one regular size burial (casket) and two cremains. (Provided there is no vault and the casket is inserted first.) Or, each lot may contain 5 cremains. Cremains are usually interred starting at the head of the lot.
Headstones and flat markers are permitted. Flowers and flower pots are allowed, provided that they do not impede the care of the grounds. The Township reserves the right to remove any fence, flower bed, statue, or other decoration if it is determined to be a safety risk, or it creates problems for grounds maintenance.
Families are allowed to open and close graves under supervision of Township staff. Provincial Legislation requires a Township employee to be present at all interments in the Cemetery. Please contact the office if you are interested in purchasing lots in the Cemetery, or if you require further information on burials.
Under the new Provincial legislation governing cemeteries, lot holders are allowed to sell their lots back to the Township if they no longer want them, provided they have not been used. Please contact the Municipal Office for further information.
The full Cemetery By-law may be read by clicking the link below:
Please be advised the Conmee Cemetery does not currently have cremation lots or a scattering garden available. This is planned for the near future.